Scroll down below for Mikey's room continued......
Well the time has come for Mikey to move from his crib into a toddler bed. It's bitter sweet for me. Bitter because we no longer have a crib in the house, but sweet because my baby boy is growing up and seeing the excitement on his face when it was all set up was great.
It had to be done! My heart could not take watching him teeter on the edge of his crib rail. Which would then force me to sprint up the stairs to get to him before who knows what would have happened. It was just a matter of time before he would have taken a header right out! I guess when you have climbing monkeys for children, this is inevitable.
Not to mention the countless jumping sessions he endured while in his crib! How he didn't just bounce right out is still a mystery to me. Apparently he thinks it's a trampoline!
He loves his new Cars bed. I was a little nervous last night, but he was fantastic! He didn't get out of his bed ONCE! Granted he didn't go to bed until 10, but I get it.... all the excitement from a new bed must make it difficult to fall asleep. So he read in his new bed until 10, I'll take that any day over constantly getting out of bed and running around like a mad man, playing with all of his toys! (This is what I thought was going to happened) Thank goodness he takes after his sister. Enjoy the pics from our special night. You should be able to click on each picture to see it larger.
 |
| One last round of jumping before the front comes off! |
 |
| Bye Bye Crib |
 |
| I help Daddy |
 |
| What are you doing to my bed Daddy? |
 |
| Oh OK, I'll help! |
 |
| Woooaaah! What happened? |
 |
| Hey, I thought this was my bed? |
 |
| "Cars, Cars, Cars!" |
 |
| "(Th)Ank you Mommy" |
 |
| I guess he likes his bed! |
 |
| . |
 |
| "Night night" This was at 4 in the afternoon! |
 |
| "McQueen, Cars, McQueen" |
 |
| . |
 |
| Again at 4 in the afternoon |
 |
| Hmmmmm these look interesting |
 |
| There's the new bed! |
 |
| . |
 |
| No problem getting him into his bed tonight! |
 |
| Night night my big boy! |
Until next time,
Mike, Jen, Alyssa, Mikey, and Sammy
Mikey's room continued...
He received a package today from Godmother Abby and was just too excited to get them up on the walls!
I'd say this completed the big boy room!
 |
| "McQueen" |
 |
| Alyssa had to help |
 |
| Mikey is a Piston Cup Champion! |
 |
| "McQueeeeeeen!" |
 |
| Helping put up the stickers himself |
 |
| He wanted to put some on the door |
 |
| "WOW!" |
 |
| . |
 |
| To help entertain him while I'm changing his diaper |
 |
| . |
 |
| Checking out his new wall art |
 |
| I'd say he likes it! |
 |
| "McQueen" (by the way he really says this when he points to them) |
 |
| "Hug McQueen" |
 |
| And kisses too! |
 |
| He wanted to give these guys kisses, but "can't weech" |
They look great Mikey!!! I am so glad you like them!!! See you very soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Abby