Ok so today was a big day. I went with Mommy and Daddy to the doctors. We went to see how the baby is doing. My sibling is doing great! They took all sorts of measurements and everything looks wonderful. They said that the baby is a bit on the large size. I guess he/she should be around 9 ounces, but he/she is measuring around 12. Nothing big, but they just want to keep an eye on it. Mommy is doing well. Gained a little more weight than expected this month, but since she hadn’t gained any up until this visit I guess she’s allowed! Baby bump pictures will be posted this weekend, but there are ultrasound pictures to take a look at. Mommy got the scanner to work, so she put up a few. It’s very exciting to see my little sibling!
Well the weather has been breaking and Mommy and Daddy are taking full advantage of it. We go down to the beach, play out in the backyard, and go for lots of walks. Daddy hung my swing for me in the backyard. I love it! Now I have a playhouse, an activity gym, and a swing all in my backyard!
St. Patrick’s Day was fun too. Mommy made me green pancakes in the shape of a clover. At first I didn’t know what it was so I wouldn’t eat it, but once Mommy convinced me it was pancakes, I scarfed them down! Then we had shepherd’s pie and Mommy made green potatoes!!! Great-grandpa Bob made me my very own leprechaun. It's almost as big as me! We put it out on our front porch, it’s great! It was a fun green day.
My Godmother, Laura, moved away to Maryland, temporarily. I am sad that she left, but happy for her though because she got a job as an art teacher. I miss her so much! She is coming back to visit for Easter, so I can’t wait. She also said she would be back for the summer.
Last week was Daddy’s birthday. We went out to a great BBQ place for dinner. I STUFFED myself. Mommy and Daddy couldn’t believe all the food I ate! Mommy calls me a bottomless pit. It was great!
We had a very busy weekend last weekend. On Saturday we celebrated Uncle Joey and Uncle Scott’s birthdays. We played outside a lot before the rain came in. The neighbors were outside too. They have 2 little girls and I just loved playing with and hugging them.
On Sunday we celebrated my cousin Brendan’s christening in New York. It was great to see everyone. I had a fun time running around the restaurant.
Besides running around like a mad woman most of the day, I am also leaning lots of new things. I can show you where my nose, ears, and eyes are. Sometimes I can show you were my little brother or sister is too. I’m just learning that, so sometimes I forget. I also like to dance and read books! Boy do I love to read books. The other day Mommy said I laid on the floor and read a book for about 20 minutes. I also say a few things…well enough that Mommy and Daddy know what I’m saying. I can say “eye” when I’m pointing to it, “Momma”, “Dadda”, “hi”, “what’s that?” “who’s that?” “up”, and “all done”. Mommy and Daddy think I may soon say “Sammy” and “Alyssa”. I guess I have the syllables down and some of the sounds, but not quite there yet. That’s OK, I know what I’m trying to say. Eventually they’ll catch on! I also wave bye-bye and blow kisses!
Our renovations are moving along. Mommy and Daddy keep meeting with contractors and are hoping the get the plans finalized soon. I can’t wait to see my new room and the baby’s room. I know Mommy and Daddy are excited to get a move on this as well.
Well that’s about all for now. Don’t forget to vote if I’m going to have a little brother or sister. I see you all like to look at the results, but nobody is voting! That’s not fair!
Until next time,
Love,
Mike, Jen, Alyssa, Baby, and Sammy
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment