A third of a year has gone by. Things are going great!
I am really enjoying daycare. I have a friend named Kayla. She is only 1 week older than me. I also have another friend named Eric. He’s a little older though (2 years old). Daddy told me to stay away from the older boys, but Eric is really nice. He brings me cool toys to play with and kisses my feet! Mommy said he is a nice boy so it’s OK! She is still coming to visit me. Not as much though since there are only 14 days left. She explained to me that she has a lot of things to do at the end of the year and I understand. But boy oh boy when she comes to get me I have such a huge smile on!
This month I got to see a lot of the Duarte family too! My grandma and grandpa came up from Florida for the weekend. We all hung out in Dobbs Ferry. My great-grandpa was being honored because he has worked with the Dobbs Ferry Fire Dept. for 40 years!!!! That’s older than Mommy and Daddy!!!! I had a great time. I saw my first parade which was great! When Great-Grandpa drove by in the fire truck he stopped and called my name out!!! I feel so special that he was calling to me! I loved watching all the big, red fire trucks go by. After the parade we went to a HUGE BBQ for the fire department. It was great! My cousin TJ gave me a band too. I don’t know what it means, but Mommy said that it meant that I was 21 and could drink beer. I guess because I’m over 21 days old! Mommy and Daddy thought it was great and even took a picture. I don’t get the big fuss though. At the end there were fireworks. I LOVED THOSE! How cool all the bright lights looked.
I am still rolling over like crazy. As soon as Mommy or Daddy puts me on my tummy I just roll right over to my back. I’m almost rolling over from my back to my tummy too. I just keep getting my arm stuck. Mommy took a better video of me rolling over. It’s not as long and the file isn’t as big, so it may be easier to view.
I’ve been having sleepovers at Grandma’s too. Mommy and Daddy go to the Yankees games and that means I get to have fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I love it. Mommy said that I may go to a game with them this year! How exciting! My first Yankees game.
Memorial Day was just a couple of days ago. I got to enjoy another parade. This one was much different. There were lots of bands and “Indian Guides” Mommy called them. She said her old high school band was there. That was fun to watch. All the kids kept throwing me candy, but Mommy said I couldn’t have them yet, so she and Uncle Scott ate them.
Well I had my 4 month check up today. The doctor said I was doing great! He said I am teething, so expect to hear about teeth soon. Also he said that it looks like I'll be an early walker since I LOVE to stand up and hold on to people's thumbs. Mommy said that next time she goes shopping she can start me on cereal too. I'm so excited to start solid foods!!! My weight was around the 50th percentile and my height is in the 75th percentile!
I’m loving life right now. Mommy and Daddy take my brother and me to the park, we hang out in our back yard, and just have a good time. I couldn’t be happier; and I think from all the pictures Mommy takes and puts on here for me, you can tell.
Well until next month!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment