This past month a lot has happened! I got to spend a whole weekend with just Daddy. It was awesome! Mommy went to visit her friend from college for a long weekend. Daddy’s friend Kyle came up to visit. I had so much fun hanging out with the boys.
I also got to celebrate my first Father’s Day with Daddy. It was so exciting. Daddy was really happy the whole day. I picked out the best presents for him too. Mommy helped me to order a special frame that had a picture of Daddy and me; it had a pretty poem written over it. I also got him a GPS system for his car - I figured this was a good present since Mommy always tells me he gets lost. Now I figure he can always find his way back to me! We had a great picnic in the backyard. It was so much fun just relaxing in the beautiful weather.
I’m starting to sit up too. Mommy sits me on the floor and I can balance myself pretty well. Mommy says I’m not quite there yet, but with more work I should be there soon! I’m also learning how to scoot while I’m on my tummy. I still love to roll over the minute Mommy or Daddy puts me on my tummy, but every once in a while I scoot my butt up and move forward a couple of inches, sometimes I move backwards though! Hopefully soon I’ll be able to crawl around and then really give Mommy and Daddy a run for their money.
I have two new friends too. Two little teeth have popped through right in the middle on the bottom. Mommy noticed one and then the next day there was another. Soon I’ll have my two front teeth (but on the bottom!).
Well there’s some exciting news in the Duarte family. Mommy isn’t going to go back to work. She and Daddy both decided that it was better for me if she stays home with me ALL DAY LONG!!! I AM SO EXCITED! Mommy told me we are going to do lots of things. She is going to sign me up for swim classes and gymnastics too. (Just the Mommy and me class.) I can’t wait to start playing with other babies again. I’ll miss my friends at daycare and Mommy’s students, but this is much better.
I just recently started eating solid foods too. Mommy started me on cereal. At first I didn’t really know what to think, but then I got the hang of it. Daddy put together my high chair just for the occasion. I love sitting at the table with Mommy and Daddy. I feel like such a big girl!
Lastly, I also got to meet my Great Grandmother, Nan. She came all the way up from Florida. We hung out all weekend. I love her! She was so much fun to play with. We had a big family picnic and I loved just chilling with her watching the family play Beirut. We also were able to take a picture with 4 generations of women! It was a lot of fun. I can’t wait to see her again!
Well until next month!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment