Click on any picture to view it larger.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Alyssa's Birthday

Well as most of you saw last week Alyssa turned 3 years old! Here is what happened on her birthday, and then later at her party!


When Alyssa first woke up, Mike and I went upstairs and opened her bedroom door with a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Well I guess this may be a preview of what I have in store for me....she responded with "NO! I DON'T NEED MY BIRTHDAY, I'M NOT WEARING MY BIRTHDAY SHIRT. NO! I DON'T NEED IT!"  Really???? I mean she's turning 3 not 30! It's too early for denial. After some much needed coaxing (and maybe a threat or 2 of giving her birthday to Mikey) we finally got Alyssa to at least come down stairs and Daddy would make some special birthday pancakes for her. 
.
Well wouldn't you know she asked for Toy Story pancakes! So Mike reluctantly agreed to make Toy Story pancakes (and thinking in his head, how the heck am I going to make pancakes in the shapes of the characters) and Alyssa decided to help! Well it's a good thing that 3 year olds have a great imagination! Mike did as he promised and they together made Toy Story pancakes. (The first blob was Mr. Potato Head, the second blobs connected by a thin line was Slinky!) She was elated and finally started getting this whole birthday thing. 
.
I guess Mikey wasn't digging waiting for his pancakes!
After a delicious breakfast, we played in the playroom together while Mike and myself switched on and off getting her present ready.
.
Finally it was ready. I was a little nervous to give her her present after what happened in the morning. Well we brought Alyssa upstairs for the unveiling of her "BIG GIRL PRINCESS BED!" SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!!! She wanted to take a nap right then (and it was only 10 in the morning!) So I guess we did a good job! She just loved the big bed and all the princess garb everywhere! 
.

.

.

.

.

Her new princess room
After playing around in the bed for a while, Grandpa Tanucci came over for a bit. Of course the first thing she had to show him was her new bed! (Score for Mommy and Daddy!) 
.
After Grandpa Tanucci left, we went and played out in the snow! Alyssa loved this! First she helped Mike build a snowman. 
Packing it in!
After she put the hat on his head she looked at him for a minute and said, "Why he not talk?" Ohhhhh noooo! I guess she really thought he was going to come alive when she put the hat on! So we explained it wasn't a "magic" hat. She got it and told us, "He only talk in the movie".  
Frosty!
So instead she made some snowballs, and we built a fort...
.

.
which we used as shelter to throw snowballs at Mike!
.

Look at all that snow!
After playing outside and little bit of a nap in her new bed, we of course watched Toy Story...
.


Nothing like sitting by the fire watching Toy Story!
and had some cake...
.

.

.
and danced....
.
and then was measured....
.

3 foot 3 inches! Grew 4 inches last year!
and danced some more...
.

.
and then finally got ready for bed! I'd say it was a successful birthday!
"Daddy you sleeping in my bed??!!"

.

.
Then came her party. Do you think you can guess what theme she picked?????
.
As we were setting up for the guests to arrive, Alyssa turns to me and says, "Mommy, this is the best party EVEEEER!"  (Score again for Mommy and Daddy!)
.

.

.
Well the party was a success. Everyone seemed to have a good time.
.

.

.

.

.

.
We even caught Alessio playing with Alyssa's new Barbie girl head! 
.
At the end we even played in the snow! 
JOE!

Erin attempting to go through the tunnel into the fort!

.

Check out Mikey's face!
So it was an eventful couple of days, but as my baby girl said. "It was the best birthday EVEEER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment