Well things are doing just great here in the Duarte household! February sure was a snowy month, so we took full advantage! We had a great time playing out in the backyard. Alyssa loved chasing Sammy around and throwing snowballs. She especially loved building snowmen and then giving them hugs! I enjoy the snow, but not nearly as much as Alyssa. From what I hear they play a lot outside while I am napping. That's OK though. Next winter Alyssa had better watch out! I did enjoy swinging on the swing for a little while, but then I liked to get back inside where it was nice and warm!
We've been keeping busy as usual. Just yesterday we went down to the Stepping Stones Children's Museum. Alyssa sure loved that! There was so much for her to do. We actually became members so I'm sure we'll frequent visitors! We've made quite a few trips to the Danbury Fair Mall as well. Alyssa just loves the horsies. She is a "cowgirl" who yells "yee - haw" all the time! I enjoy the mall too. I am just fascinated by all the lights and people. Just being pushed around in the stroller is enough for me.
Well Alyssa is doing just fine. She is talking up a storm and loves to tell you everything she can. She is just starting to talk on the phone as well. Her play phone however, she talks likes crazy to. My sister sure is fun I tell you. She loves pulling up her "princess chair" to my exersaucer and we play together. She has a little trouble sharing some of her toys, but she is getting better as each day goes by. Mommy has still been working on her letters, numbers, and colors. She knows her whole alphabet and can count to 10. She now knows most of her colors too. She is one smart cookie! 2 year olds sure are fun to be around. She is doing great in tumbles. She does a pretty good job of listening to the directions and doing what she needs to. She just loves to show off her skills around the house! It'll be interesting to see what happens when the show comes around in May. Some big news for Alyssa. She is such a big girl now that she has gotten rid of her pacifier. She only used it when she went to bed at night, but now she doesn't need it at all. We're still working on it, but it's been a week so far and she is doing great!
I am doing great as well. I have now officially turned one half of a year old! Daddy surprised me by brining home an absolutely delicious ice cream cake for the occasion. I LOVED IT!!!!!! I couldn't get enough of it. This month I had my first Valentine's Day. I didn't get to enjoy any of the benefits of Valentine's Day since I'm so young, but Alyssa sure did! Well at 6 months old I am sitting up really well. Mommy still puts the boppy pillow behind me for when I do flop to the side or throw myself backwards. I still have no teeth! (Boy Mommy sure hopes they come soon because she says I am a chewing/drooling monster!) My 6 month check up went great. The Dr. said I am a healthy boy. He also said I am REALLY strong and wouldn't put it past me to walk very early! I can hold myself up just by holding Mommy or Daddy's fingers for balance. (That's when Mommy and Daddy's hair may go all gray!) Mommy says I am a very happy baby! Actually TONS of people say that. I guess I smile a lot, what can I say, I'm just happy! Mommy is thinking that I'm going to be crawling soon. When I'm on my tummy I push up onto my toes (like a push up position) and then attempt to move around. I don't actually get anywhere that way, but any day now. I can get around the house when I feel like it. I just roll around everywhere. I like to check out the scenery and then turn myself in that direction and then just roll over there! It does the job! Here is my 6 month picture & Alyssa and me on Valentine's Day!
Well as you can seen we are all doing well here. Even though we've enjoyed the snow, I'm hoping for spring time weather. Until next month!
Love,
Mike, Jen, Alyssa, Mikey, and Sammy






No comments:
Post a Comment