Click on any picture to view it larger.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas time is here....

Well it's that time of year again. The cold weather has finally hit us and there are beautiful lights everywhere! Since December has already proven to be so hectic, I figured I'd take a break and write down what has gone on so far.


Like I said before, the Christmas season is upon us. Mommy has the whole house decorated. Although she can only decorate with things higher than 3 feet, otherwise Alyssa will inevitably play with it, and eventually destroy it. I like looking at all the lights. Not as much as Alyssa though. Every morning she runs downstairs and asks Mommy to turn on the lights. She even waves bye bye to them when she goes to bed at night. She really likes the holiday season.

To kick off our celebrating, Mommy, Daddy, Laura, Alyssa, and I drove down to the city, New York City that is. We walked all over the place. Alyssa was able to ride the carousel in Bryant Park with Laura.



We saw the tree at Rockefeller Center

the snowflake show at Macy's,

Radio City Music Hall,

we even saw Elmo and Cookie Monster dressed up.

But as much as Alyssa loves them on the TV screen, she wasn't a fan of them in person!

We really had a great time in the city. The weather wasn't that bad either. We took a family picture in front of the tree!

(Notice Alyssa and I are wearing our Yankees shirts to show our support for the WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!)

Well the following weekend we went to go see Santa. This is Alyssa's second year, so one would assume she would be a champ. Well the Elmo incident should have warned us to how she may react, or should I say how I would react! When Daddy handed me over to that jolly man in the red suite.......

well........


I guess you could say I lost it! Santa actually stood up and tried to calm me.....



but as you can tell I'm still a little scared!

Alyssa did better. Mommy had to REALLY bribe her with some treats. They couldn't get a smile out of her, but at least she didn't throw a fit and a half.

In a couple days we should receive the professional pics from Santa and I'm sure that Mommy will post them.

Mommy also hung our stockings by the fire place this weekend. We got some really good shots!


Just today we cut our tree down. We went to Jones' Tree Farm. I guess Mommy and Daddy have been going there since they shared their first Christmas together. It was a great day. Daddy took the day off of work so that we could enjoy it together!
Checking out trees


Our tree


Alyssa helping Daddy cut down our tree


Ready to decorate!

I hung the first ornament this year!

Alyssa got to hang the second ornament


Daddy finalizing everything with our angel!



Isn't our tree just beautiful!?

It's all finished and decorated now. Christmas time is officially here!

Can't wait to tell you all about my first Christmas!

Love,
Michael, Jennifer, Alyssa, Mike Jr. & Sammy


1 comment:

  1. I am continually jealous of your family outings. Rockefeller Center?!
    The kids look so cute in all their Christmas getups. Don't you love the holidays? It's the only thing that makes the cold weather worth it. I'm dreading January. It's cold for nothing.

    ReplyDelete