Click on any picture to view it larger.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

10 months old

10 months old!
Well I’m not sure if you saw the breaking news entry….but I am walking. I took my first steps on November 11. Mommy was sooooooo excited. She immediately got the video camera and started taping. I was just as shocked as Mommy when it happened. I was just simply playing with Mommy and I saw a toy I liked so I went to take a step towards it. I stopped immediately and just looked at Mommy and we both started laughing. It was a great day!

Now I am mostly walking, but sometimes when I get too excited I try to run and fall. That’s OK though because I just continue to crawl the rest of the way. I don’t think Sammy is too keen on the idea that I am walking. I love to walk over to him and use him as my personal jungle gym. He usually stays, but sometimes he gets up and walks away! That’s OK though because I just get him the next time!

Things are just as busy as ever in the Duarte household. We have lots of visitors and we go out a lot too. We had a great day at the park a couple of weeks ago. We brought Sammy to the dog park and then we went to the beach. Mommy and Daddy got some great shots! You should check them out. They are in the 9 month old folder.

This past week I had my first Thanksgiving. It was great. My great-grandma came down all the way from Cape Cod. I had a great time. My cousin Johnny came by for dessert later and I had so much fun playing with him. Mommy said she is still going through the hundreds of pictures from that day, so it may take her a while to put them up. I don’t think Johnny was prepared to see me walking after him!

I am still taking swim class and love it! I only have 3 more classes though. Mommy said we are going to start gymnastics after the New Year. I am going to go to the same place that Mommy went for several years! I can’t wait. After awhile of getting used to that routine I am going to start swim classes up again.

Mommy is getting excited for Christmas. She has decorated the house to the max! She does keep saying that she is nervous about when we get a Christmas tree though, something about me getting into it constantly. I don’t know what she’s talking about, but I’m sure I’ll be a perfect angel!!!! : )

That’s about all for now. Until next month!

Love,
Mike, Jen, Alyssa, and Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment