Well it’s now 6 months down the stretch. Everything is going well. I had my Dr’s appointment today and they said everything is great. The baby’s heartbeat is around 130 which is right in the norm. My weight gain is right on target, which is nice to hear since it’s hard when you are looking at the scale tipping over! Since I’m at 24 weeks I have a whole slew of second trimester blood screenings, which kind of stinks. I have to sit for an hour at Quest for a glucose test. I guess to make sure that I don’t have gestational diabetes. That should be fun. As far as the home front is concerned, nothing has really happened. Our furniture hasn’t come in yet, so the “nursery” is still the office / guest bedroom. Once we hear the furniture is in, then we’ll clear it out and paint. We chose the theme of the room, which will be ladybugs, so I plan on painting ladybugs as a border. We signed up for our child birth classes at Norwalk Hospital. So we’ll start those on November 7 and continue all the way until December 12. 2 hours every Wednesday! I guess there’s a lot to learn. I posted new baby bump picks in the “baby bump” album. It’s definitely there, no hiding it now! Well I hope all is well with everyone. Until next month -
Oh just as a side note, some people are asking me why I wrote last month, 5 months down, 5 to go. Pregnancy in Dr’s terms is not 9 months. Since different months have different amounts of days, they calculate everything by week so it’s more accurate. So you are pregnant for 40 weeks, which they then divide by 4 weeks in a month, which translates to 10 months pregnant. But in reality according to the calendar you are pregnant for around 9 ½ months. So right now I am 24 weeks which according to Dr’s I am 6 months, but if I calculate it on the calendar (going from Sept 9 – October 9 as 1 month), I am 5 months and x many days. So I hope this cleared that up for you that I lost.
We've narrowed down the names! Let us know what you think. We reserve the right to change our mind at any time : ) You have to scroll down a little bit to see the survey. Please only vote once!
powered by Justmommies baby names
No comments:
Post a Comment