Click on any picture to view it larger.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach – First official family vacation!

Well we just got back from Myrtle Beach, SC and what a trip!

The weather was beautiful and we took advantage of it!

Well the trip started early Friday morning when Mommy had to bring Alyssa and me on the train to meet Daddy in New York. The three of us walked to the train station from our house and met Daddy at work to start our journey from there. I enjoyed my first train ride. I was snuggled in with Mommy in my infant carrier, so I was happier than anything. My sister enjoyed the train as usual! The conductor gave her some play tickets and she had fun throwing those around the train.

Alyssa being silly on the train


Once Daddy picked us up, around noon, we were on the road! Alyssa was talking a mile a minute as usual (although most of what she says I can’t understand!) I was comfortable in my car seat, so I decided to take a nap. What a ride though! We made great time through NY, but then we hit Washington DC! What a nightmare! Mommy and Daddy said they hit it during rush hour on a Friday so that was bad. It took a REALLY long time to get through DC and well into Virginia. This is where Mommy decided to load up the portable DVD player for Alyssa. Once Mommy put in Lilo and Stitch all was well again.

Michael already asleep on the road

Alyssa's ready to begin the journey!

Well the remainder of the trip down was pretty uneventful. Since we hit so much traffic in DC we didn’t get to our hotel until 3 in the morning. I slept pretty much the entire way down, other than when I needed to eat. Once we got in the hotel I decided it was so late that I might as well stay asleep. Alyssa however used this opportunity to burn off 14 hours of energy that was wasted sitting in the car! 3 am and she is running around like a mad woman, up and down the hallway, into all the rooms, turning the TV’s on and off, on and off. All this while I am trying to sleep! I guess she was excited about being on vacation!

Saturday was our recoup day. Everyone slept in (well I did have to get up at 6 to eat!) Then Daddy surprised Mommy with a day at the spa! He sent her for a massage, manicure, and pedicure. We got to hang out with Daddy all by ourselves! When Mommy got home we had special surprise! Outside our window, about 20 dolphins were playing around in the ocean. It was so cool to see them jumping up and splashing their tails. Mommy tried to get pictures, but it was a little hard. After that we attempted to go out for dinner. That didn’t prove to be a good idea. I was fine; however, with the lack of sleep Alyssa got, she was not in her usual pleasant mood. So Mommy and Daddy had to eat quickly and then skedaddle out of there.

Alyssa's first vacation breakfast


You have to look hard but the dolphins are there. P.S. This was the view from our hotel

Sunday was sunny and cool so we decided to take a walk on the beach. How beautiful it was. My first experience seeing the ocean! Mommy walked with me in the carrier and Alyssa ran around, once again, like a mad woman! She loved running through the sand and talking to all the people. There were ”birties” for her to chase after, which she loved! She wasn’t too keen on going in the water though. I guess it was a little cold. She did like pushing Mommy towards the water though and then watch as she ran away : ) We walked all the way to the pier. There were tons of fishermen on the pier.

Alyssa running from the water


Michael was there too!

The fam out on the pier


Later Sunday afternoon I got a treat! I was able to meet Alyssa’s Godfather, Jack, or “Dots” as Alyssa would say! He made the trip up from Orlando to hang out with us! It was so great to meet Jack. I’ve heard so much about him. We hung out, Alyssa loved playing with “Dots”. We went out to dinner, which was much better this time! It was a great time hanging out with Jack. I'm so glad he made the long trip up! Thanks Jack!

Alyssa and "Dots"


Michael and Jack


Monday was even better than Sunday. We all took a walk on the beach. Again me in my carrier and Alyssa running around. This time she knew the lay of the land so she was having a great time. Although she kept finding these puddles and apparently they were more interesting than the ocean. After our walk, saying goodbye to Jack, and Alyssa’s nap, Mommy and Daddy took Alyssa in the pool. They said it was still a little early and cold for me to go in. So I just watched as Mommy and Daddy took turns with Alyssa. I’m not upset, I know I’ll get to go in next time. Boy did Alyssa have fun riding around in the tubes!

Michael ready for the pool


Alyssa having fun with Daddy

Well then our vacation came to an end. Tuesday was our final day in Myrtle Beach. Of course the most beautiful day of them all. We took one last walk on the beach, hung out by the pool, but didn’t go in, and just relaxed a little before the long journey back!

Well it’s a good thing that we enjoyed the beach because the ride back was not fun! I slept the whole way again; except when we got a flat tire! About an hour and half into our trip, in the middle of NOWHERE, BAM tire blows out! So Daddy calmly pulled over and changed the tire. Well, Alyssa started wailing, I start wailing, bugs began invading the car, now that we have a full tire in the trunk, our suitcases, etc didn't fit back in! Boy did Mommy and Daddy keep their cool though. Thank God we had a GPS, because it found a local tire shop and we were able to buy another tire and get back on the road…..for another 11 hours! But we made it! We finally arrived back home around 3 in the morning.

So as you can see we had a nice vacation, can’t wait to do it again! Especially since next time I’ll be running around with Alyssa! Be sure to check out the rest of the pics below of the vacation!

Love,

Mike, Jen, Alyssa, Mike Jr., and Sammy

Click here to view these pictures larger

No comments:

Post a Comment