Well Michael Duarte Junior has graced us with his presence this morning. He was born at 6:23 a.m. weighing in at 8 lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches long. The labor story is actually pretty uneventful but I'm sure you'd all like to hear it anyway. : )
Well, on Saturday night (the 22nd) Laura came over as well as our neighbors Joe and Cindi. Well as we were entertaining for the night, right after I put Alyssa down for bed, which was around 9 p.m. I started getting some pretty discomforting contractions. Well as to not ruin the night, I quietly timed them, but they were only about 20 minutes apart--nothing to get excited about. So as the night went on they continued as such. Finally around 11 when we were getting ready for bed I was hit with a really hard one and thought ugh oh, this may be it! Next thing I knew Sammy was laying right beside me on the floor (he never does that!)! That's when I really knew that I was going at some point this night. Dogs have a weird sense of that stuff. Well I never actually made it to sleep, with contractions coming every 10-15 minutes apart. I finally decided to call my mom to come and stay with Alyssa. After doing so I ATTEMPTED to wake Mike up - he proceeded to talk to me in his sleep, even though he was sitting up right with his eyes open. He insisted that there were "7 drafts" and "3 different colors to worry about". (I have no idea what he was dreaming about nor do I try to understand him!)
Anyway, I finally got Mike awake and coherent and my mother and Scott made it down to my house around 12:30 a.m. With contractions still only about 10 min apart we watched a few episodes of Army Wives, and then at around 2 a.m. they picked up really fast to around 5 - 6 minutes apart. Well we called the Dr. and they said to come on in! So we made it to the hospital at around 2:30 and I was already 5 cm dialated. So after getting admitted and checked out, they decided that I could deliver naturally and not have the c-section after all, so I put my order in for my epidural! That is the best invention ever! So I sat back and dozed on and off until around 4:45 when my water broke. They checked me and I was 8 cm. Well about an hour and half later, he was right there ready to go. So after 5 minutes and 3 pushes, (literally!) Michael Duarte Jr. was here! Only 9.5 hrs of labor--I'll take that any day!
We are all ecstatic that he has finally come and what a beautiful baby boy he is. (I know I'm biased!) Alyssa just loves him and can't stop giving him kisses. And what a great baby he is. He is much more docile than Alyssa (as of right now anyway). He cried for a total of about 5 minutes today and that was when he was a little cold. He is very chill.
Be sure to check out all the pics that I have posted. There are tons more, but I haven't slept in 2 days (the night before last, Alyssa was up all night - I tell ya that little stinker knew!) So Baby Michael is in the nursery for the night and Mommy is now going to get some rest, but I am feeling WONDERFUL!
More updates to come.
Love,
Michael, Jennifer, Alyssa, and Michael Jr.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I logged onto FB this morning. The first thing I see is an absolutely beautiful picture of the beaming faces of you, Mike, and Alyssa after welcoming this new little boy. It made my day. I'm so happy for you guys! Things could not have worked out more perfectly for your labor AND your family (a little boy! Whee!) Congratulations.
ReplyDelete