Click on any picture to view it larger.

Friday, July 31, 2009

July update

Hello all!

Well another month has gone by in our household. Wow that sure was quick.

This month we celebrated the 4th of July. Grandma Beth and Grandpa Jack had a big picnic at their house. It was a lot of fun! Cousin Johnny came along with Uncle Joey, Erin, Mum, Papi, and Uncle Scott! There were also a lot of other kids who I enjoyed meeting. We had fun playing horse shoes, eating lots of great treats, running around like mad men, and then playing with sparklers at the end of the night. The best part was all the fireworks that we were able to see when nighttime finally came.

Watching Johnny play with the sparkler at the picnic.


Watching the fireworks with Daddy


Well Mommy and Baby are doing well. There are only 3 weeks left! Mommy has been having lots of contractions; she doesn’t think she is going to make it to the due date. She just got back from her Dr.’s appointment and according to the ultrasound; the baby is already 8lbs! The baby is showing to be very healthy though, no concerns. I can’t wait until my new baby brother or sister finally gets here. I’m always giving Mommy’s belly kisses and hugs. I’m going to be such a great big sister! Mommy also had another ultrasound, so be sure to check out the pics. They are a little blurry, since the baby is so big!


Mommy's belly at 36 weeks (9 months)

This month Laura came home 2 weekends in a row. Next weekend she’ll actually be home permanently! I can’t wait to be able to see her more. I’ve missed her so much! When she saw me she couldn’t believe how much I had grown in just a few short months! I have been growing like a weed! : )

Speaking of growing, this month I also had my 18 month check up. The Dr. was very happy with everything. He said I am a very healthy, happy 1 ½ year old! I am still in the 75th percentile for weight and height! I am weighing in at 26 pounds and 32.25 inches long. Although, we aren’t quite sure how accurate those measurements are because I did sort of FREAK out when the nurse was trying to get them. But you get the point! I also had to get my tetanus shot, which was not fun! I was very lazy when I got home because my leg was really hurting me. I laid and watched TV with Mommy. I enjoyed snuggling with her and I’m sure she enjoyed it as well  Thank goodness I don’t have to go back until I’m 2 years old.

I really am getting to be a big girl too! You are reading from a potty trained 1 1/2 year old! I don't wear diapers all day long (except when I nap) when I'm at home. I'm still working on the potty training when I'm out at someone's house I don't know. I do pretty well at Mum's house, because I know where the bathroom is, so I can tell Mommy that I have to go and run to the bathroom! I'm also saying a lot of words. My vocabulary consists of about 20 - 25 words, granted I don't say them always CLEARLY, but those who know me, know exactly what I'm saying. I'll get better with my pronunciation soon, I know it. I can also tell you where lots of different body parts are! From my head down to to my toes!

Construction is on day 40 now. I can’t believe how fast it is all coming together. There are no more contractors coming to the house, which Mommy and I love! All that is left are the finishing touches that Daddy has been working VERY hard to get done. Uncle Scott has been helping us quite a bit too! Be sure to check out all the pics of the big transformation of the upstairs! It’s really cool!
Well this summer has been great, we've been enjoying the weather. I especially LOVE my water/sand table that I was able to get thanks to Great-grandpa and Great-grandma Duarte. I'm also supposed to get a trampoline, but it's on backorder for right now. I sure am looking forward to the rest of the summer.

Enjoying the summer at the playground

Well that’s about all for right now.

Until next time,
Love,
Mike, Jen, Alyssa, Baby, and Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment